We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you to our office directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces. This will include taking your temperature before you enter the dental operatory.
- Maintain distance in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the building and office.
- We require sanitizing and hand washing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- We will introduce an oral pre-rinse to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
Infection Control Protocols
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients with mist or fogging devices.
- Ambient air management with Hepa filtration continuously in treatment rooms to remove germs from circulating air.
- New personal protection equipment (PPE) with full face shields, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
Office Safety Protocols
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) inclusive of N95 masks, face shields and gowns.
- Air purification and evacuation (Medify, IQ Air).
- Bioblast disinfection (hypochlorous acid/electylyzed water).
- HEPA filter in HVAC system.
- Disinfection protocols as per CDC.
- Specific office protocols to limit patients in the office